I know I’m late with this post. When Urban Decay’s Vice 2 palette was being promoted, I didn’t fall for the hype and rush to buy. I wasn’t impressed with the first Vice palette so I wasn’t too excited with the second. I’m glad I caved because this is a really nice palette. Especially for those who like dark, sultry shades. I’m pleasantly surprised with the consistent pigmentation and the fact that there isn’t a dud in the palette. Vice 1 had a handful of shades that were dead-on dupes for existing Urban Decay shades, just renamed. This palette has some shades that remind me of existing colors, but I’m not turned off by it.
The palette has a nice mix shimmer and satin shades with a couple of matte shades as well. As with Vice 1, you get the same dual-ended synthetic brush. It comes in the same, bulky plastic case with a push button opening, with a large mirror inside. You get 20 x.03 oz for $59. The palette is available online at Urban Decay.com, Sephora.com and Ulta.com. I’ve yet to see it in Sephora stores, but it should be arriving soon.
- Smokeout – dark taupey-black
- Lovesick – black matte with iridescent micro glitter
- Shellshock – bright metallic silver
- Coax – medium metallic pink with golden iridescent micro sparkle
- X-Rated – baby pink
- Prank – deep navy matte with turquoise floating pearl
- Madness – bright metallic blue shimmer with blue micro glitter
- Strike – antique gold shimmer with silver micro glitter
- Stash – deep olive green shimmer with iridescent micro sparkle (very similar to the eyeliner)
- Poison – charcoal satin with iridescent micro sparkle
- Radar – metallic brown shimmer with iridescent micro glitter
- Damaged – bright metallic emerald
- Voodoo – metallic purple shimmer with iridescent purple micro glitter
- Betrayal – bright purple satin with blue shift (very similar to Omen)
- Derailed – medium metallic taupey-brown
- Dope – warm champagne
- Toxic – metallic copper-pink shimmer with tonal micro-glitter
- Habit – light nude matte (Walk of Shame is a bit lighter)
- Ambush – metallic brown
- Rewind – medium brown matte (Faint is a little darker)
The standout shades for me is Smokeout, Prank, Madness, Stash, Poison, Radar and Damaged. I wish cool-toned silvers worked well with my warm skin tone because the pigmentation on Shellshock is otherworldly.