Fall is upon us. For me, the summer went by in a blink and though it ended quite horribly, I’m sad to see it go. For the area of the country I reside, it means five to six months of winter is around the corner. The nice thing about fall is the welcoming of darker, sultry lip colors. I’ve found some new lip obsessions this summer that I’m glad I get to show off.
1. Dior Rouge Dior – Mauve Mystère #786 is one fantastic purple. If you love bold purple shades, this will make your heart skip a beat. Dior has a fabulous shade range and I’m quickly becoming addicted.
2. YSL Golden Gloss – Golden Chocolate #36 is an intense dark, bold brown with a lovely golden shimmer. It is a non-sticky gloss with a small brush applicator. It has the typical fruity YSL scent, but no taste. The YSL glosses at Sephora are too sheer for me, but I found intensely pigmented glosses on their website.
3. Givenchy – Rouge d’Exception #308 is a dark matte, muted orange with a hint of red (limited edition). Givenchy mattes are very creamy and intensely pigmented.
4. Marc Jacobs Lust for Laquer – Lust for Life #312 is semi-sheer cinnamon red gloss with shimmer that is really nice layered on top of like shades. It is a plumping gloss that is non-sticky. The amount of product for the price is a downer.
5. Givenchy – Grenat Initié #307 is a gorgeous deep red in a creamy matte finish.
6. Dior Addict Extreme – Black Tie #987 is darkened plum with a glossy finish that is moisturizing. It applies more sheer than it appears in the tube.
7. Laura Mercier Cream Smooth – Merlot is a creamy semi-lustrous, darkened plum-purple. The Cream Smooth formula is awesome. It is a joy to apply.
8. Marc Jacobs – Saboteur #132 is a creamy, red plum with a satiny finish. Marc Jacobs lipsticks are nice and very pigmented.
9. Laura Mercier Cream Smooth – Plumberry is a creamy semi-lustrous, warm raspberry.
10. Marc Jacobs – Seduce Me #128 is a berry-red with a satiny finish.