There are many products that I like, but only a handful of products that have completely wowed me. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain (YSL Glossy Stain for the everyday folk) is newest on that list. I heard about it from another beauty blog and decided to try it out. This is the first YSL product I’ve purchased and would’ve ordinarily walked right by it at Sephora. This product definitely lives up to its name – a gloss stain.
#4 Mauve Pigmente (added after the original post)
#8 Orange de Chine
#10 Rouge Filtre
#20 Rouge Enamel (Sephora exclusive)
The Good…The Bad…The Wow
– I applied #20 at 7:30am and the shine and color lasted through two cups of tea, a breakfast sandwich and up to my late lunch at 2:30pm! It did wear down a bit, but I didn’t feel the need to reapply and my lip balm addicted lips stayed moisturized.
– The product is buildable.
– It didn’t bleed past my lip line.
– The tube contains 0.20oz compared to 0.17oz in a Mac lipglass.
– The $32 price tag isn’t wallet friendly. Given the few times you have to reapply, it will outlast your average gloss.
– The fruity scent is light and doesn’t linger.
– The gloss isn’t too sticky, but I apply lip balm under everything and that may lessen the stickiness. I did notice the testers at my local Sephora were very sticky, but that isn’t surprising.
– The doe foot may be too large if you don’t have full lips. I didn’t have a problem with it and actually found the tip convenient for lining my lips.
– The color of the product on the doe foot is a little misleading as it applies darker. I would strongly suggest you swatch it at the counter.
– There are many colors available that will suit all skin tones, from the pale to the dark.
I suggest you let the product sit for about 30 seconds before you rub your lips together. I found rubbing my lips together before it set moved the product around, which required a second application. The formula is a quite thin when initially applied and thickens after it set.
Visit your local Sephora or YSL counter and treat yourself to one of these glosses, you will not be disappointed.
Sorry no lip swatches. My lips are too pigmented and it wouldn’t be an accurate representation of the color.