INGLOT is a very well-known makeup company based in Poland. It has been available only overseas and in Canada, until now. I’ve been an admirer of INGLOT shadows for over a year. Many, many Makeup Gurus on YouTube have sung its praises. Yet I stayed away. I knew long ago they were coming to America so I waited. One year later, INGLOT has multiple stores in the US, but none near the major US city I live in. So, the only way for me to buy their products is to call a store and place an order over the phone and via email. (UPDATE 3/8/11: INGLOT now has an online store!!! Finally. Visit Inglotusa.com) I’ve heard rumors of an online shop coming soon, but until then GET IT, GET IT, GET IT. It is so worth it. These shadows are junkie’s wet dream.
The shadows can be purchased in singles and I believe there are more colors available via singles. The shadows shown below are their 10-pan Freedom System. The Freedom System allows you to pick any color you want and organize it yourself. They also have a 3 pan and a 5 pan available. You can choose a square pan or a circle.
– Pigmentation is amazing. I’ve never experienced a makeup company where there wasn’t a single shadow that disappointed. The mattes are fantastic, the shimmers are fantastic. I can’t say that with Mac or Makeup Forever or my beloved Fyrinnae.
– The amount of product for the price is huge. The square pans are 2.7g. Compare that to MAC 1.3g; NARS singles 2.2g and Makeup Forever 2.5g, all of which cost a heck of lot more than INGLOT.
– The company also offers the Freedom system for the brow powders, lip shades, face powders and blushes. You can also mix and match these products into your own custom palette.
– The magnetized translucent lids are very strong. So strong, you may pinch yourself. It’s better to slide it off and on. The magnets are strong enough to stack your palettes with or without the translucent lid.
– Return policy sucks. You can not return a product if it has been used or opened.
– Rumor has it their glosses aren’t the best if you’re not in the hunt for a sheer gloss.
– The range of matte brown shades isn’t extensive.
The swatch pictures below are one swipe and no primer. NOTE: The ‘shine’ finish shades may appear as if it’s sheer, but it isn’t. They are perfect eyelid shades. The flash of the camera washed out the color, which is typical. (Coming soon is a massive post featuring swatches and comparisons of all my shadows.)